What do travelers do, having trekked half way across the world? They talk about their journeys, listening raptly to the history of the city by the sea. It comes as no surprise that the city, just like people, has a life of its own. For one it is heroic, for another it may seem unremarkable. But here is what’s interesting — every port city in the world has its legends. Vladivostok has its stories too, about the sinking of Peter the Great’s gold, the ancient kingdom of the Jurchen and the even more ancient state of Bohai.
No traveler can remain indifferent to Vladivostok. Anyone who visits the city even just once will forever remember these hills running down to the sea, this land of the Amur tiger, these friendly people who can not live without the sea.
This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.
The view from the rooms
Here in the very heart of Vladivostok, at the intersection of two of the city’s oldest streets, Svetlanskaya and Posetskaya, our hostel is located in the old apartment house of one of Vladivostok’s most important early citizens, architect Ivan Meshkov. This wonderful location affords beautiful views over the city’s central square and main harbor, as well as the Golden Horn Bridge, Eagle Hill, the old town Millionka and Svetlanska Street.
Following these few simple, common rules during your stay at Hostel Vladivostok, you won’t just leave other hostel guests with good memories of you, but you’ll also get the most out of your stay here.
- The entry door of the hostel is open from 8am to midnight. If you plan to return to the hostel after midnight, you must arrange for this in advance with the administrator. We are always ready to meet you at the door.
- Check-in is generally between 9am and 10pm, though with an advance booking you can check in at any time that’s convenient for you. To reserve a room call +7 (924) 241 39 75 or you can make your reservation online.
- Check-out is at 12pm. If you check in on your arrival date between the hours of 6am and 12pm, but when you leave you check out between 12pm and 6pm, then you must pay for an extra half-day. If you check out after 6pm you must pay for the full extra day.
- Payment for the entire length of stay is due immediately upon arrival and must be made in cash only. Proof of payment is provided to the guest on the day of arrival.
- Check-in requires a passport or suitable substitute (military ID card for military personnel). Children under 14 years of age must present a birth certificate and must be accompanied by an adult. Youth between the ages of 14 and 18 can stay in the hostel alone only with notarized authorization from both parents.
- The administration reserves the right to refuse lodging to guests who are intoxicated.
- For the shared rooms, the administration has the right to place a guest in any available bed, regardless of the room category or the guest’s gender or age.
- Guests can have visitors to the hostel between the hours of 9am and 11pm.
- Quiet hours are observed in the hostel between 11pm and 9am, during which other guests must not be disturbed.
- Upon check-out, guests must return their room keys to administration.
- The administration is not responsible for the safety of personal belongings left unattended at the hostel (including in your room). Upon leaving the room you should lock the door. It is recommended that you leave your valuables with the administrator.
- If the guest damages or loses hostel property, he or she must pay the cost of the damage or loss to the administrator.
- If you want to use the kitchen, please ask the administrator for a personal set of dishes. Those that are in the kitchen are already in use by other guests. Dishes must be washed immediately after you complete your meal, trash should be placed in the bin and you should write your name on any food you keep in the kitchen.
- All rented items must be returned on time.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all areas of the hostel.
- Any electric heating device that could cause a fire is forbidden in the rooms, e.g. kettles, irons, boilers, space heaters, etc. It is also forbidden to dry clothes, etc. on the radiators in the rooms.
- Flammable materials, explosives, perishables, oversized luggage and other large items are not allowed in the rooms.
- Pets are not allowed in the hostel.
- Smoking in the hostel is forbidden, though there is a designated area for smokers. Smoking in the rooms is punishable by a 3,000 ruble fine or immediate eviction with no refund.
- Rooms can be cleaned at any time convenient for the guest.
- Upon violation of any of the hostel’s rules of conduct, the administration has the right to evict the violator(s) immediately with no refund.
- If a group violates the rules of conduct, then the senior member of the group is responsible.
- Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse for any violation.
- Administration has no control over, and therefore can not guarantee the functioning of city utilities (electricity, water, and heat).